For runway 15/33, the typical pattern should be a rectangle located parallel to the runway and on the west side of the runway. It consists of five legs
- Upwind or departure - Maintain runway heading until approximately 400 feet agl (above ground level)
- Crosswind - 90 degree turn to the west for approximately ½ to 1 mile horizontal distance from the runway.
- Downwind - Parallel the runway while climbing to pattern altitude (6,000 ft msl). Downwind leg extends to approximately ½ to 1 mile beyond landing threshold.
- Base - 90 degree turn to the East.
- Final - Aligned with the runway prior to landing.