Living with Coyotes Presentation
Colorado Parks and Wildife (CPW) will be hosting a 'Living With Coyotes Presentation' this Friday, November 1, from 6 - 8 p.m. at the Erie Community Center (Mitchell Room).
CPW will present on general info about CPW, CPW policy as it relates to coyotes, coyote biology, and living with coyotes. After the 45 minute presentation there will be a question and answer session.
Your Pet and Coyotes
Erie is no stranger to coyote sightings. These clever canids have readily adapted to our food and habitat-rich environments.
We would like to take a moment to share some reminders to help avoid coyote conflicts in your neighborhood. Please share these tips with your children and neighbors.
- Keep pets on a leash when walking
- Pick up small pets if confronted by a coyote
- Do what you can to discourage a coyote's approach - yell, stomp your feet, throw small rocks or sticks
- Always supervise your pet when outside, especially at dawn and dusk
- Never leave cats or dogs outside after dark
- Don't leave food or water outside for pets
- Keep your pets up to date on vaccinations
Questions or concerns regarding wildlife?
Call the Colorado Parks and Wildlife at 303-291-7227.