Town of Erie Cone Zones
Summer is the season for major road improvement projects. Each week we list the projects that may have the biggest impact on traffic flow for that week. As always, please sign up for alerts to get more details about these projects and many others. More information and details for how to sign up are at www.erieco.gov/ConeZone.
- WCR 7 & Erie Parkway – WCR 7 is open both north and south of Erie Parkway. Top lift of asphalt work is beginning this week on Erie Parkway and the week of the Oct. 10 the asphalt work is scheduled for WCR 7. Final road striping to occur after asphalt completion.
- Foundations for the new stoplight signal are currently under construction; two of the four foundations are completed. Signal installation scheduled for end of 2022 or beginning of 2023.
- WCR 5: Median landscaping work, light pole installation work from United Power, and the preparation for a signal at Flora View are all in progress. The Town is coordinating work with the three contracted entities to plan lane and sidewalk closures as needed.
- Any street impacts are restricted to occur from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the school week.
- Hwy 7 & Coal Creek Boulevard: As part of the Parkdale Project, lane shifts are planned for Hwy 7 for work associated with the Parkdale Development and the new intersection of Coal Creek Boulevard and Hwy 7.
Road work is weather-dependent, and timelines may shift. Motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians should always be aware and use caution when in and around work zones. Whenever possible, please avoid the construction areas.