UPDATE: Erie Parkway Waterline Improvement Project
Below is an update on the construction schedule for the Erie Parkway Reuse Waterline Project. The purpose of this water pipeline project is to supplement the supply of reuse water for landscape irrigation at the Erie Community Center.
The major construction activities will include traffic control, trench excavation, pipeline construction, trench backfilling, asphalt paving, and erosion/silt control. Generally, construction work will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Traffic control will start at 9 a.m. and normally be removed by 4 p.m., unless indicated below.
The contractor, GoodLand Construction, Inc. is scheduled to follow this estimated work schedule, weather permitting:
Perform median removal just east of Powers Street; along the east and west bound lanes of Erie Parkway. Lane closures are expected to extend to 4:30 p.m.
- At the Erie Parkway/Powers Street intersection eastbound, one east bound thru-lane will be closed. The left turn lane, one thru lane, and the right turn lane will be open to get around the median removal area.
- At the Erie Parkway/Powers Street intersection westbound, the left turn lane will be closed. One thru-lane will be used for left turn vehicle movement, and second thru lane and the right turn lane will be open.
Perform median removal just west of Briggs Street; along the east and west bound lanes of Erie Parkway. Lane closures are expected to extend to 4:30 p.m.
- At the Erie Parkway/Briggs Street intersection eastbound, one east bound thru-lane, and the right turn lane will be available to get around the median removal area; and the east bound thru and left vehicle movements will be open at the intersection.
- At the Erie Parkway/Briggs Street intersection westbound, one thru-lane will be eliminated; a left turn lane, one thru-lane and the right turn lane will be open.
April 27 to June 7
Perform new waterline construction along the eastbound left lane on Erie Parkway.
- Eastbound lanes of traffic will be closed to all vehicles. Traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes, placing one west-bound and one east-bound vehicle traffic lane on the north side of Erie. Vehicle traffic will not be permitted through the work zone.
- The work zone will extend from Powers Street to Briggs Street on the south side of Erie Parkway.
June 8 to June 14
Perform new waterline construction crossing the westbound lanes on Erie Parkway east of Powers Street.
- Traffic will be shifted down to one lane during daytime hours to allow for construction.
June 14 to July 12
Roadwork along Erie Parkway to complete all necessary work such as new concrete, asphalt, and striping to put the roadway back to its original state.
- Traffic will be shifted down to one lane around work areas during daytime hours to allow for construction.
Motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists are urged to be aware of construction traffic and pay close attention to traffic control signs, reduce speeds and, if possible, avoid the construction area during work hours. Traffic control signage and delineators will be on site and indicate traffic pattern shifts and the work zone closed to thru-traffic.
All dates are subject to change due to unforeseen site conditions and weather delays. Updates will be sent out as needed to update the schedule.
For more information on this project, please contact Town of Erie Civil Engineer, Zachary Ahinga at 303-926-2878 or email@example.com.