Municipal Court COVID-19 Protocols - May Opening
The Town of Erie is taking the appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and citizens. To that end, the Erie Municipal Court is reopening with the following protocols to be observed by all entering the Municipal Court/Police building for court matters.
As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, all Court processes and hearings will take longer than usual. Please be patient and mindful when appearing for court.
Information on appearing in court:
- You are required to bring and wear a mask, bandana or other nose and mouth covering when inside the building.
- If you are ill or symptomatic, you will not be allowed entry. You must contact the Court Clerks for alternative options.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times and only 10 people will be allowed within any room in the Court space.
- For health and safety of all, it is strongly recommended only the defendant (plus one parent/guardian if the defendant is a minor), subpoenaed witness(es) and attorneys of record be allowed into the building.
- If you have minor children or companions that need to appear with you, please contact the Court Clerks at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org call (303) 926-2851 for alternative options.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
Court staff will continue to process cases by phone, mail, email, or other electronic means. Please call or email the Court Clerks to ask questions, resolve your case or request a continuance. You may email the Municipal Court Clerks at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or call (303) 926-2851. Please be sure your message includes your name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, email address and case or citation number, and your current court date.
Motions, Filings, Court Requests, Proof of Class or Community Service Hours
If you have a motion, filing, court request, proof of completion of a class or community service hours, you need not physically appear if you email the documents to the addresses above or mail to the Court prior to your court date:
Erie Municipal Court
PO Box 510
Erie, CO 80516
If you have a payment due, payment can still be made either online, by phone or by mail as indicated above.
If you have an active warrant that you are trying to address, please email or call the Court Clerk who will be able to discuss options for your case(s).