Are you looking to serve your community in a unique and valuable way?
Consider becoming a Volunteer Victim Advocate with Erie Police! Advocates work as a liaison with officers and detectives immediately after a report to provide support services to those impacted by crime or tragedy. These support services include crisis intervention, emotional support, victim rights information, and referrals to other local resources that may provide ongoing support
• Be at least 21 years old
• Pass a background check and be drug-free
• Required to complete a 40-hour Training Academy
• Must be able to volunteer one shift per month (shift selection is dependent on the volunteer’s availability and the department’s needs)
• Attend monthly volunteer meeting
• Have reliable transportation and phone service
• One-year commitment to the program
• Demonstrate compassion, empathy, and integrity
The next Volunteer Victim Advocate Academy will begin in January! Applications are available on the department’s website at https://www.erieco.gov/2019/Victim-Services
. Once received, our office will reach out to the applicant and schedule an interview.
For more information, please contact Victim Services Manager Valerie Greenfield at 303-926-2841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.