On Friday, May 27, 2011 the Town of Erie launched its new Facebook site www.erieco.gov/facebook. The Facebook site is part of the Town’s continued efforts to increase citizen engagement in local government through an enhanced social media presence.
The Town of Erie Facebook site is the most recent initiative the Town has undertaken to enhance communication features and services that allow residents to receive the information they want in a variety of ways, without necessarily having to visit the Town’s website. All News & Announcements and Calendar events posted on the Town’s website will now automatically be posted on the Town’s Facebook site.
Have a Facebook page? Visit www.erieco.gov/facebook and select “Like.”
Other E-Government Services Provided by the Town of Erie:
• Notify Me module - Lets visitors sign up to receive email or text message alerts from distribution lists. • Meetings and Events Calendar – View by list, week or month. Includes e-mail contacts,
links to agendas and detailed information. • Citizen Request Tracker allows citizens to report non-emergency concerns from their desktop computer or via a mobile iPhone application.
• RSS Feeds - Allows users to receive notification of the latest news items as they are released. • Facilities – Search facilities, review amenities, retrieve location information and maps
and submit reservation requests. • Archive Center – View agendas, minutes, newsletters and reports
• Document Center – allows for easy access of documents – searchable by department • Bid Posting/Request for Proposals Directory – Provides an easy to use method of
posting bids online for vendors interested in providing goods and services to Erie. • Carbon Footprint Calculator – Online tool that helps you conceptualize how your daily
activities emit carbon dioxide (CO2) that could contribute to climate change. • Job Postings – Visitors can sort jobs by date or category and submit online applications.
• Social Media Links – Convenient access to the Town’s Facebook and Twitter posts.
Use of Town of Erie E-Government Services Increasing: The Town launched its redesigned website in September of 2010. In the first three months the new website was live there was an average of 444 visits per day and 1,583 page views per day. Over the next three months that average has increased to 599 average visits per day and 2,206 average page views per day. That’s a 35% average increase of visits and a 39.4% average increase of page views.
Another measurement of the success of the Town’s website and e-government services was an online feedback survey taken by citizens, business representatives, Town employees, elected officials and other interested site users. Respondents were asked questions pertaining to the site’s design, navigation, online services and overall resourcefulness. Of the surveys submitted, 93.8 percent consider the Town website to be a valuable community resource and 80.5 percent consider the website to be a valuable economic development resource. Survey takers were also asked which interactive services they like most about the new website and these were the results:
• Meeting and Event Calendar: 58% • Notify Me: 48%
• Watch Meetings Live or On Demand: 42% • Online Utility Billing: 32%
• Online Forms: 30% • Bid & RFP Postings: 26%
For questions and/or comments, please contact Fred Diehl, Assistant to the Town Administrator/Information Coordinator at 303-926-2764 or Email.