Annual Spring and Fall Clean-Up Days
The Department of Public Works partners with various vendors to assist residents in disposing of unwanted household items, electronics, medication, building materials, metal type items, and yard waste. Event details are subject to change. For more information email or call 303-926-2872.
Thank you for participating in the 2020 events. Stay tuned for 2021 events in the Spring!
2020 Landfill Vouchers
- Sept 16 - Oct 15 - Residents will receive a voucher for one pickup free load to the landfill valid September 16 - October 15, 2020. See the Landfill tab below for details.
Outside of the cleanup events, the State's website lists other locations you can take electronic items to: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/ewaste.
Dispose of non-working metal type items. Accepted items:
AC Units, BBQs, Bikes, Car Batteries, Car Parts, Engine Blocks, Hot Water Heaters, Lawn Mowers, Misc. Computer Parts, Refrigerators / Freezers, Screen Doors, Small Appliances, Stoves, Transmissions, Vacuum Cleaners, Washer / Dryers, Window Frames
TakeAway Medication Recovery System area will have 100 free envelopes (first come, first served) available for mailing unused and unwanted household medications.
Residents who are unable to pick up a free envelope at the event may purchase one at the Police Station anytime during normal business hours. View more information about the Town's Medication Take Back Program.
Residents will receive a voucher to redeem at the Front Range Landfill, located at 1830 Weld County Road 5. Residents may dispose of large household items as well as tree limbs or other yard waste at no cost!
The voucher will be mailed to Erie residents and is redeemable between September 16 - October 15, 2020.
Landfill hours of operation are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Residents must provide proof of residency (utility bill or drivers' license)
- Limit one pickup load (or pickup sized trailer) per residence
- Accepted Items at Front Range Landfill
- Loads must be covered
- Loads must be level with bed of the truck and/or trailer
- Truck with trailer attached is considered two loads and will be charged accordingly
- Vouchers are not available at landfill scale
- Construction materials such as roofing shingles, concrete, and framing materials could be subject to charges
- Hazardous materials such as refrigerators, car batteries, tires, electronics and paint are not accepted
A print error occurred to the service address on one side of the postcard (off by a digit compared to the mailing address on the reverse side).
Public Works has coordinated with the landfill and no action is needed.
The Town of Erie’s Public Works Department is collaborating with Shred-It to provide free document shredding service of outdated files or confidential paperwork. Limit: 2 banker boxes per resident
ARC donations are no longer accepted at the Clean-Up events. Consider visiting the ARC webpage for locations, hours, and general guidelines for donations.
Year-Round Hazardous Waste Disposal
The Town of Erie contracts with Boulder County and Weld County to provide our citizens a place to dispose of household hazardous waste. Erie residents, regardless of which county they live in, can use Boulder County’s facilities - Weld County only by Weld County residents.
View more information...