Located within incorporated Erie, both the Denver Regional Landfill and the Front Range Landfill are permitted by the State of Colorado to operate as municipal solid waste landfills; both are owned by Waste Connections Incorporated.
- The entrance to the Front Range Landfill is located southeast of Weld County Roads 5 and 6.
- The Denver Regional South Landfill is accessed off of County Road 6. Denver Regional Landfill stopped accepting waste in Dec. 2020 based on the DRL Closure Plan. For more information, visit the Closure PlanWaste Connections website, or call Waste Connections at 303-673-9431.
- The Denver Regional Landfill North, is located northwest of County Roads 5 and 6 and is closed.
Monthly Landfill Operations
The Public Works Department provides a monthly report to the Board of Trustees. The report includes timely information about landfill operations. Visit the Agenda Center to view the latest report.
- Landfills Map
- Front Range Landfill Asbestos Waiver 2021
- Denver Regional Landfill Closure Plan 2018
- Ordinance 34-2005 - Approving an Amendment to the Certificate of Designation to Operate a Solid Waste Disposal Site and Facility
- Municipal Code - Solid Waste Management Service Charge - Chapter 12
- Annexation Agreement
- Amendment No. 1 To Annexation Agreement
- Certificate of Designation Application and Engineering Design and Operation Plan Preparation
- 1991 0722 A.02 FRL Weld Co Certificate of Designation-ocr