Animal Cruelty & Barking or Lost Dogs

Animal Cruelty

A person commits cruelty to animals if he or she overworks, tortures, beats, kills, or fails to provide proper food, water, and shelter to an animal. Anyone containing any animal in a vehicle in a cruel manner is in violation of this section. Animals being neglected, mistreated, or subject to cruelty will be impounded.

Barking Dogs

Dogs are not allowed to habitually bark, howl, or yelp so as to disturb the peace of the neighborhood. If citizens are not able to resolve the problem with the dog owner, they can contact the Erie Police Department 303-926-2800 or dispatch at 303-441-4444.

Lost Dogs

Contact the Erie Police Department at 303-926-2800 or the Humane Society of Boulder Valley at 303-442-4030. You can also go to the lost animal report, complete the form, and send it by email.

You may also visit the Humane Society of Boulder Valley Lost Dog website. There, you can view photos and descriptions of dogs currently being held.