The swimming pool at the Erie Community Center provides fun for all ages!
The water features include:
- Lap pool
- Lazy river
- Leisure pool with fun play features
- Two-story figure-8 pool slide with splash tank
- Rope Swing
- Outdoor water feature and spray area
- Typically Open Memorial Day - Labor Day
The Erie Community Center pool is between 84-86 degrees daily, while the hot tub maintains a temperature range of 102-104 degrees.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Please remember these important safety rules when using the pool:
- Swim tests are mandatory for anyone 15 years or younger. Please check in at the Lifeguard Office to request a test.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Children in diapers must have bottoms with elastic legs and waist or a swim diaper.
- Children 5 years of age or younger, or any guest wearing flotation devices, must be within arms reach of an adult at all times when in the water.
- Children under the age of 6 will be given a wristband upon check-in.
- Children under 11 years of age must be directly supervised by an adult in the hot tub.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in the hot tub.
- Diving is permitted in designated areas only.
- Diving is not allowed in water less than 9 feet deep.
- If you or someone you are swimming with has been ill in the past 24 hours, refrain from using the pool or hot tub.
Safety Check Breaks
- On week days, we will clear the pool for a
10-minute safety check at the following times: Monday-Friday at 12:50 p.m. and 2:50 p.m.
Guests, 15 and older, will be allowed to swim in the pool and hot tub during this time. All others will need to exit the pool. Staff will perform safety checks on the pool and equipment at this time. Please check with the Aquatic Management Team for the schedule for safety checks on holidays and no-school days.
The above rules are not inclusive. Please be aware that there is always a manager on duty for more information on rules or to answer any questions or concerns.
We need Lifeguards and Swim Instructors to keep our pools safe and teach swim lessons! If you like helping people, swimming in the pool, and working with youth, come join our team! We offer flexible schedules, options for summer only or year round employment.
- Lifeguard | Starting at $17.15/hr
- Swim Instructor | Starting at $18.69/hr
Ready to become certified to work at the pool?
View our upcoming certification classes.
Already certified? Apply to work with us!
- American Red Cross Junior Lifeguarding | Ages 13-15
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training | Ages 15+
- Boy Scout/Girl Scout Merit Badge Testing | Ages 6-19
- Private and Group Swim Lessons
- Water Aerobics
Some classes may only be offered during specific seasons