- Planning & Development
- Planning Division
- Affordable Housing
- Home Purchasing Resources
Home Purchasing Resources
Purchasing a home in Colorado can be daunting. Home prices have risen steadily over the last decade and many first-time home buyers and other interested purchasers may struggle to find the best source of funding. Below are some regional resources for purchasing a home in Erie.
Housing Counseling agencies provide group homebuyer education classes and personal finance workshops and individual appointments. In an individual appointment, you and the counselor will create a plan for your unique path to homeownership. This may include determining an affordable mortgage amount, reviewing a spending plan, evaluating credit so you can qualify for the best loan terms, reducing debts, and establishing connections with affordable housing resources. All appointments are free and confidential.
- Boulder County Personal Finance Program | Individual appointments
720-564-2279 or www.BoulderCountyPFP.org
- Workforce Boulder County | Group education workshops
720-776-0822 or www.wfbc.org
Affordable Home Purchase Programs
Affordable Home Purchase Programs offer homes priced appropriate for people with low to moderate incomes. Eligibility requirements and terms vary by program.
- Flatirons Habitat for Humanity | Homes available in Boulder Valley School District
303-447-3787 x222 or www.flatironshabitat.org
- Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley | Homes available in SVVSD
303-682-2485 or www.stvrainhabitat.org
- Elevation Community Land Trust
303-454-3786 or www.elevationclt.org
Down Payment Assistance Programs
Down payment assistance programs provide cash assistance to help pay for down payment and/or closing costs in the form of grants or loans. Eligibility and terms vary by program. Please contact the program directly.
- Personal Investment Enterprise (PIE) | Matched savings account available for homes purchased in one of several Denver metro counties. 6-30 months savings period.
303-441-3998 or www.bouldercountypie.org
- Boulder County Down Payment Assistance Program | Loan available for homes purchased in Boulder County outside of City of Boulder limits. Loan up to 10%of purchase price up to a maximum of $40,000. 0-3%, repayment either deferred or 10-year term.
303-774-4648 or online.
- Impact Development Fund | Available in Larimer, Weld, Boulder, Fremont, Eagle, Montrose, Mesa, San Miguel, Routt and Ouray Counties. $25,000 maximum loan. 0-1%, 30 yr term.
970-494-2021 or https://impactdf.org/
- Colorado Housing Enterprises, Inc | Available statewide. Loans and forgivable loans of $3,000-$10,000, 10 yr term.
303-428-1448 or www.crhdc.org
- Colorado Housing Assistance Corporation | Available statewide. Loan of 6% of price, up to $10,000, 5%. *Lender sends packet after contract. Disability Program: Loan of $10,000, 1.5%-5%, payments deferred 30 yrs.
303-572-9445 or https://chaconline.org/.
- NEWSED | Available in several Denver metro counties. Deferred payment loan.
303-534-8342 ext. 133 or https://newsed.org/lending/downpayment/.
- PATH Grant Program | Grant available to buyers identifying as Black or African American in select counties. Maximum of lesser of 20% of purchase price or $20,000. Must be paired with a First Bank mortgage.
833-962-1506 or online.
- The Deerfield Fund for Black Wealth | Loan for borrowers identifying as Black or African American buying in several Denver Metro counties. Must work with a participating lender.
720-764-9231 or https://www.dearfieldfund.com/
- CHFA (Colorado Housing Finance Authority) | Available statewide when paired with a CHFA mortgage. Must work with participating lender. Grant of 3% of first mortgage. No repayment OR 2nd mortgage loan for 4% of mortgage amount, no interest, deferred repayment.
303-297-2432 or www.chfainfo.com
- metroDPA | Forgivable loan of 5% of purchase price available in many counties and cities. Must work with a participating lender.
720-673-3948 or http://metrodpa.org/
- National Homebuyers Fund | Forgivable loan of up to 5% of mortgage amount available statewide in conjunction with primary mortgage. Must work with a participating lender.