Volunteers enhance Town of Erie government services and enrich the quality of life for our community. In that spirit, the Town is adding new ways to get involved all the time.
One long-term volunteer program has been with the Parks & Recreation Department, Volunteers have provided more than 9,500 hours to assisting Parks & Recreation successfully host special events, coach youth sports, assist with Active Adult programs, and help keep our Town parks and open spaces beautiful.
See below for available opportunities that are one-time or ongoing with the Town of Erie.
Parks & Recreation
Erie Parks and Recreation's volunteer needs will only continue to grow so volunteers for any of the activities/events below are welcomed!
- Special Events
- Lunch Program
- Drop-In Activity Leader
- Class Instructor
- Softball and Volleyball Team Captain
Email Active Adults or call 303-926-2795 for more information about this opportunity.
Boy and Girl Scout Projects
The Town of Erie welcomes the opportunity to work with local scouts who need to coordinate a service project to fulfill the requirements of their perspective organizations.
If you are interested in coordinating a service project within the Town of Erie, please contact our Community Partnership & Special Projects Manager at 303-926-2796.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- General project description
- Project timeline
- Estimated project cost
- Benefits of the project to the community and its residents
Special Event volunteer opportunities are available for ages 16 and older. Email Special Events or call 303-926-2558 if interested in volunteering for Parks & Recreation Special Events.
Youth Sports Coaches
Head coaches must be 18 or older, assistant coaches must be 16 or older.
- Flag Football
Email Sports or call 303-926-2794 for more information.
Zero Waste Champions
The Town of Erie has a commitment to reducing waste sent to the landfill. To do that, Zero Waste Champions can help with education, clean-up, sorting, and collecting waste. Typically Zero Waste Champions will volunteer as Special Events.
Your role as a Zero Waste Champion ensures waste is being diverted correctly, which:
- Keeps our community clean
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions (aka reduces the impact of climate change)
- Protects wildlife and biodiversity
- Reduces consumption of natural resources
- Helps make sustainability accessible and equitable for the whole community
Town staff leads the training for this volunteer opportunity and we keep you informed of opportunities to serve. Volunteers keep the staff informed on the happenings throughout Erie, and you help change the world right where you work, play, and live!
Visit the Zero Waste Champions information page for more details and any upcoming opportunities for training or service.
The Adopt-A-Road Program is open to any group, family, or single individual within the Town of Erie.
Adopting a road is a one year commitment to remove trash from the designated roadway a minimum of twice a year. This cleanup should happen between the first weekend of April through mid-May, and the first weekend of September through mid-October. With more clean-up in the summer months as optional.
Visit the Adopt-a-Road webpage for more details.
Volunteer Incentive Program
As an incentive and a big thank you to all of the dedicated volunteers, the Volunteer Incentive Program offers:
- Active Adult Volunteer:
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner for all volunteers.
- Erie Community Center Volunteer (determined when needed):
- 6 volunteer hours = Two (2) day passes
- 12 volunteer hours = Ten (10) punch pass
- Parks Volunteer:
- One Event = Volunteer t-shirt (if applicable) and two (2) day passes to the ECC.
- Special Event Volunteer:
- Two (2) day passes per event worked.
- Volunteer shirt (if applicable).
- Meal at the event.
- Sports Volunteer Coaches:
- Each season coached, head coaches receive a photo plaque of their team.
- First and second season = Coach t-shirt, free youth sports registration for one child per team coached, and two (2) day passes.
- Three seasons (not necessarily consecutive) = Free youth sports registration for one child per team coached, 10 punch pass, and free room rental for team party for third season coached.
- After three seasons = The process starts over; the coach receives first season awards.
- Volunteer Referral Program:
- Receive two (2) free guest passes for each volunteer you refer to the Erie Community Center.
Additional Opportunities Nearby
|Erie Chamber of Commerce*|
235 Wells Street. Erie
|Erie Community Food Bank|
635 Pierce Street, Erie
|Erie Community Library|
400 Powers Street, Erie
Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
PO Box 1424, Erie
Email Erie Uplink
|Good Samaritan Hospital|
200 Exempla Circle, Lafayette
3470 CR7, Erie
|Sister Carmen Community Center|
655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette
303-665-4342 ext. 142
Under 14 must be accompanied by adult.