We offer approximately 50 day trips along the Front Range each year. We also have an increasingly popular extended travel program offering out of state and trips. The places and activities may be educational, entertaining, interactive, or all of the above. Please review the trip policies and information prior to booking any travel experiences.
- Trip Policies
- Physical Activity Levels
- Departures & Returns
- Cancellation & Refunds
- Seat belts are required to be worn by all participants.
- Provided name tags should be worn on all trips.
- Smoking devices, tobacco, and weapons are prohibited on the bus.
- Be considerate of other passengers by using perfume, cologne and aftershave in moderation.
- Snacks, sack lunches, and non-alcoholic drinks with lids may be brought on the bus.
- Participants should remove trash and personal belongings from seatbacks, floors, and seats upon completion of the trip.
- Registration is based on deadlines and is first-come, first-served, with Town of Erie residents registering prior to non-residents.
- Participants age 18-59 may participate on trips.
- Participants are considered registered when entered into Amilia and with full payment.
- After a trip registration deadline, trips that do not meet the minimum registration number will be cancelled. Participants will be notified and refunded accordingly. All registration deadlines will be advertised.
- Participants must advise the Active Adult Coordinator of any special needs at the time of registration (see physical activity levels).
- A waitlist will be kept when a trip reaches its maximum size. If a vacancy occurs, Active Adult staff will contact those on the waitlist.
- The driver is responsible for loading and unloading all passengers, including those passengers using a walker or wheelchair/scooter. The driver is not responsible for providing personal assistance during trips. The driver manages passenger lists, ticket handling and check-in procedures.
- If a trip participant requires personal assistance from a personal attendant, the attendant must register and pay for all direct trip related costs.
Easy: Ability to board the bus, easy, mostly sitting
Light: Mostly sitting, with some walking
Moderate: Some walking, possible stair
High: Lots of walking, stairs, elevation
Activity levels are a generalization for trips. Please contact Active Adult staff prior to registration for any questions regarding accessibility. Not all venues are accessible.
- All trips depart from and return to the Erie Community Center, unless otherwise stated. We do not wait for participants past the designated departure time either from the Community Center or returning.
- Participants must check in with the driver and receive a nametag. Participants will be asked to complete the back side of the name tag.
- Return times are approximate.
- No one will be allowed to disembark from the bus at any place other than the Erie Community Center, trip destination and prearranged stops. If a participant choses to no longer participate in the trip they will be responsible for their transportation home.
- If the venue or the Town cancels the trip for any reason, a full refund will be issued. Participants will be notified in advance, when possible, if the trip is cancelled.
- If a participant cancels before the registration deadline, a full refund will be issued.
- If a participant cancels after the registration deadline, no refund will be issued unless the reservation is re-sold to someone on the waitlist.
- If there are no participants on the waitlist, a participant may transfer their reservation to another person with the approval of the Active Adults Coordinator.
- Complete registration information and full payment is required from any substitute participant before the original registrant will be issued a full refund.
- A refund will not be issued if the participant fails to show up or is late and misses the bus.