Small Business Emergency Relief Grant - 2nd Round
Erie Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Round 1 - March - May 2020
Weld/Boulder County Business Recovery Program- Round 1 (Sep-Oct 2020) & Round 2 (Oct-Nov 2020)
The Town of Erie is implementing its 2nd round of the Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis starting Dec. 2nd, 2020. There are limited funds available for the Program, and awards will be made based on demonstrated financial need and potential for future business viability (as demonstrated through the application and the requested supporting materials).
The Town has committed $250,000 to the Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program - 2nd Round that may be used by qualifying businesses to satisfy monthly rental or mortgage payments for the month of December 2020. The Program is open to Erie small businesses that meet the eligibility guidelines below.
Grant funds may be requested for monthly rent or mortgage payments equal to the lesser of (i) December 2020 payments or (ii) $7,500. Monthly rental payments eligible for the grant include monthly base rent and any rent related expenses such as common area maintenance or reimbursements for insurance, utilities, and taxes. Monthly mortgage payments eligible for the grant include principal and interest only.
- Businesses must be a registered Colorado small businesses including LLCs, S-Corps, independently owned franchises and other business types.
- Business must be able to demonstrate economic hardship due to COVID-19.
- Business must have been in operation at least one year prior to the application date, with a physical address located within the Town of Erie.
- Business must be operating and actively conducting business as of the application date, unless required by a public health order to remain closed.
- Business must have an active Erie business license.
- Business must be in good standing with the Town of Erie and the Colorado Secretary of State before grant funds may be awarded. Considerations for good standing for the Town of Erie include outstanding taxes owed to the Town of Erie, outstanding utility bills, and all permits or licenses issued by the Town of Erie being current and active.
- Business that received previous financial assistance through the Erie Small Business Emergency Grant 1st round or the Weld/Boulder County Business Recovery Program (1st and 2nd round) are eligible to apply for the 2nd round of the Erie Small Business Emergency Grant. The business may not duplicate expense request that have been reimbursed for from different programs.
- Business must have been in operation and in compliance with state requirements and any existing public health order
- Business must be in compliance with Colorado State COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
How to Apply
To Submit application form
o Upon receipt of the application we will be calling you to verify your information and application. We will provide instructions on how to upload sensitive information through our secure portal.
The following documents will be requested to complete the application process:
- 2018 Tax Return/K-1 (or 2019 if filed)
- Last 3 months bank statements
- Certificate of good standing from the Colorado Secretary of State
- Copy of current lease or mortgage statement for the space in which the business is located for December 2020.
Applications will be reviewed first by Erie’s staff for completeness and eligibility. Following a determination of eligibility, applications will be reviewed and scored by a Review Committee composed of Town staff and representatives from the board of the Erie Chamber and the Erie Economic Development Council. The Review Committee will make recommendations on the application to the Town Administrator, who will consider the Review Committee’s recommendation and make the final determination to approve, defer, or deny a grant award.
Submitting an application is not a guarantee of a grant award, and the Town may terminate the Program at any time, for any reason.
For questions regarding the Erie Small Business Emergency Relief Grant - 2nd Round, please email Lucas Workman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 303-926-2767
All applications will become property of the Town of Erie, and all applications are subject to the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. § 24-6-200.1, et seq., provided that the Town will use its best efforts to maintain the confidentiality of any confidential financial information submitted, as permitted by law.