Fermented Malt Beverage Open Container Permit
A permit is required to serve beer or other fermented malt beverages when hosting an event at a Town-owned facility, park shelter, or in the street (Block Party).
- Open Container Permit requires confirmation of approved Park/Facility Rental Permit or Block Party Permit.
- The permit, if issued, will be for a specific date and time.
- Possession and/or consumption of any alcohol other than fermented malt beverage at any public park is unlawful (including wine).
- Possession and/or consumption of any fermented malt beverage or alcohol by a person under 21 years of age is unlawful.
- This permit may be revoked at any time by an Erie Police Officer, due to failure to comply with any provisions of the Erie Municipal Code, breaking the regulations from the Parks & Recreation Department, or not following the conditions of this permit or any other applicable law or regulation.
- Open Container Permit applications must be completed and submitted to the Town Clerk between 14-30 days prior to the date the activity is to occur.
- Permit must be available during the event for inspection by any law enforcement officer.
Complete the Open Container Permit application online. Upon acceptance of the application, a permit will be issued by the Town Clerk.