No person shall engage in solicitation in the Town of Erie without first obtaining a solicitation permit.
Solicitation in Erie
- Each permittee shall wear the solicitation permit badge, issued by the Town, at all times while engaging in solicitation, and shall present identification upon request of any person.
- Solicitation at any property in which a “No Trespassing” or “No Solicitors” (or other similar message indicating that door-to-door sales are not authorized) is visible, or to a home on the Do Not Solicit list in violation of Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the Erie Municipal Code.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to view and print the more up-to-date version of the Do Not Solicit List.
- Solicitation is prohibited before 8 a.m. or after 8 p.m. or sunset - whichever is later.
- Door hangers, notices, posters, or other advertising or promotional material without permission from owners or occupants of property is prohibited if a fence, gate, or other permanent structure restricts access to personal and/or private property, or if a “no trespassing” or “no solicitors” sign is posted.
Obtain a Solicitor’s Permit
Background checks and fees apply. Please expect three weeks for the issuance of a permit.
- Submit a Solicitor’s Permit Request. Please note: Up to 25 applicants allowed on one (1) application.
- Begin the Background Screening Check for each applicant listed on the request form. Once you click the link, please select NEXT to begin the screening process. This must be completed by all individuals that will be soliciting with the Town of Erie limits.
Solicitation permits expire one (1) year from the date of the issuance.
- Background Check Fee per applicant listed on the Solicitor Permit Request: $18.50
- Town of Erie Solicitation Fee per applicant listed on the Solicitor Permit Request: $100.00
- Total Fees per applicant listed on the Solicitor Permit Request: $118.50
Registering for the Do Not Solicit List
Any owner or occupant of private property in the Town may prohibit solicitation at such property by registering at such property on the Town’s “Do Not Solicit” list. Be added to the 'Do Not Solicit List' by registering here Version OptionsSolicitor's PermitHeadline Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Registering for the Do Not Solicit List Registering for the Do Not Solicit List. Permitted solicitors receive only the addresses listed on the “Do Not Solicit” list.
In addition or in lieu of registration on the Town’s “Do Not Solicit” list, any person may post a sign on his or her property indicating that the owners or occupants do not wish to be disturbed by door-to-door sales.
Report an Unauthorized Solicitor
Please call the non-emergency dispatch at 303-441-4444 immediately and provide as many details as possible regarding the business if the following occurs:
- Business soliciting without the Town issued “Solicitation Permit.
- Business violating the homeowner’s “DO NOT SOLICIT” sign with or without Town issued Solicitation Permit.
|Company||Permit Expiration Date|
|Lumen Technologies||February 27, 2024|
|PCS Residential||March 16, 2024|
|Aptive Environmental LLC||May 11, 2024|
|Moxie Pest Control||May 23, 2024|
|Virtuous Roofing & Restoration||May 12, 2024|
|Endurance Roofing LLC||May 13, 2024|
|Peak to Peak Roofing & Exteriors||May 13, 2024|
|Bear Brother Roofing||May 19, 2024|
|Legacy Restoration LLC||May 19, 2024|
|T Bare Roofing||May 19, 2024|
|Ecoshield Exteriors||May 23, 2024|
|J&K Roofing||May 25, 2024|
|DBR Contracting LLC||June 5, 2024|
|Arrow Roofing||June 7, 2024|
|Stone Creek Roofing & Exteriors||June 14, 2024|
|River City Roofing||June 16, 2024|
|Aimvo Pest Control||June 16, 2024|
|Smart Home Pros, Inc.||July 20, 2024|
|Lifetime Windows and Siding||August 15, 2024|
|Gates Enterprises LLC||August 21, 2024|
|Conservation Contacts LLC||October 10, 2024|
|Longmont Dairy Farm||October 20, 2024|