No person shall engage in solicitation in the Town of Erie without first obtaining a solicitation permit.
Solicitation in Erie
- Each permittee shall wear the solicitation permit badge, issued by the Town, at all times while engaging in solicitation, and shall present identification upon request of any person.
- Solicitation at any property in which a “No Trespassing” or “No Solicitors” (or other similar message indicating that door-to-door sales are not authorized) is in violation of Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the Erie Municipal Code.
- Solicitation is prohibited before 8 a.m. or after 8 p.m. or sunset - whichever is later.
- Door hangers, notices, posters, or other advertising or promotional material without permission from owners or occupants of property is prohibited if a fence, gate, or other permanent structure restricts access to personal and/or private property, or if a “no trespassing” or “no solicitors” sign is posted.
Obtain a Solicitor’s Permit
Background checks and fees apply. Please expect three weeks for the issuance of a permit.
First, Submit a Solicitor’s Permit Request. Please note: up to 25 applicants allowed on one (1) application.
Next, begin the Background Screening Check. Once you click the link, please select NEXT to begin the screening process. This must be completed by all individuals that will be soliciting with the Town of Erie limits.
Register for the Do Not Solicit List
Any owner or occupant of private property in the Town may prohibit solicitation at such property by registering at such property on the Town’s “Do Not Solicit” list. Be added to the 'Do Not Solicit List' by registering here Version OptionsSolicitor's PermitHeadline Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List Register for the Do Not Solicit List. Permitted solicitors receive only the addresses listed on the “Do Not Solicit” list.
In addition or in lieu of registration on the Town’s “Do Not Solicit” list, any person may post a sign on his or her property indicating that the owners or occupants do not wish to be disturbed by door-to-door sales.
Report an Unauthorized Solicitor
Please call the non-emergency dispatch at 303-441-4444 immediately and provide as many details as possible regarding the business if the following occurs:
- Business soliciting without the Town issued “Solicitation Permit.
- Business violating the homeowner’s “DO NOT SOLICIT” sign with or without Town issued Solicitation Permit.
|Company||Permit Expiration Date|
|Renewal by Anderson||August 18, 2022|
|Longmont Dairy Farm||October 27, 2022|
|The Fowler Group||November 01, 2022|
|Eric M. Klein Photography
||February 08, 2023|
|Conservation Contacts||April 21, 2023|
|Valar Aesthetics||April 29, 2023|
|Vivax Pros||May 12, 2023|
|System Pavers||May 13, 2023|
|Apex Solar Solutions||June 2, 2023|
|Smart Home Pros||June 7, 2023|
|Moxie Pest Control||June 30, 2023|