The Erie Municipal Court adjudicates violations of the Town’s municipal ordinances and the Model Traffic Code, as amended by the Erie Municipal Code. The Honorable Teresa Ablao is the Presiding Judge. The Honorable Michelle Kline and Honorable Melissa Beato serve as Associate Judges. Additionally staffed, are the Clerk of the Municipal Court/Court Supervisor and Court Administrator.
1000 Telleen Avenue
P.O. Box 510
Erie, CO 80516
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Erie is taking the appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and community members with in-person court appearances.
- You are required to wear a face-covering in the building, regardless of vaccination status. A face covering will be provided to you if you do not have one.
- In order to allow for maximum social distancing and reduced exposure in the courtroom, you are encouraged to attend your court date alone or with only one other person. If you are a juvenile, you are encouraged to bring only one parent/guardian with you into the courtroom.
- If you are feeling ill, contact the Erie Municipal Court as soon as possible and do not come in. Please be sure your message includes your name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, email address and case or citation number, and your current court date.
Proof of Class or Community Service Hours
If you have proof of completion of a class or community service hours, you need not physically appear on your review date if you email or mail the documents BEFORE your court date.
Motions, Attorney Entries, or Other Requests
If you have a motion, attorney entry, or other requests of the Court, you must file the motion, entry, or request in writing and submit it to the court in person, by US mail, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A generic form motion is available to download here.
If you have a payment due, payment can be made online, by phone or by mail as indicated above. If you cannot make a payment because of undue hardship, you must appear on your payment review date to discuss options with the judge.
If you have an active warrant or Outstanding Judgement warrant that you are trying to address, please email or call the Court to discuss options for your case(s).
- Trials settings begin at 9:00 a.m. generally on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Reviews begin at 2:30 p.m. generally on the 3rd Monday of the month.
- Traffic Arraignments are held at 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. generally on the 3rd Monday of the month.
- Criminal Arraignments are held at 9:00 a.m. generally on the 2nd Monday of the month.
- Arraignments with an Interpreter (as needed) are held at11:00 a.m. generally on the 2nd Monday of the month.