The Town of Erie offers a comprehensive benefit package and pays a major portion of the employee premium to make these benefits more affordable for you. Coverage of these benefits begin the 1st of the month following date of hire for benefited employees regularly working an average of 30 hours per week. Each year you will have the option of changing your elections through open enrollment.
Designated full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Robust Medical, Dental and Vision plans including spouse, domestic partner, and family coverage options
- Employer paid Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Employer paid Short Term Disability
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan with a 5% employer match with immediate 100% vesting in your deferral contributions AND employer contributions
- 3½ Weeks of Paid Time Off per year (increases with years of service)
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Robust extended sick leave and family sick leave program including parental leave for birth and bonding
- Employer sponsored wellness program, including employee-based fitness classes
- Free membership to the Erie Community Center
- Education reimbursement up to $2,000 per year
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discount Program through Benefits Hub
View more information about current benefits.
Under the Transparency in Coverage Rule, issued in 2020 by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, U.S. Department of Labor, and U.S. Department of the Treasury and enforced beginning July 1, 2022, health insurance issuers must publish two separate Machine Readable Files:
- In Network: Negotiated rates for all covered items and services between the plan or issuer and in-network providers.
- Out of Network: Allowed amount paid to, and billed charges from, out-of-network providers for all covered services within a 90-day period.
To access these files through our healthcare provider, Cigna, please view their compliance webpage which houses the most up-to-date versions.