I-25 & Erie Parkway Master Plan
The I-25 and Erie Parkway Master Plan encompasses the 1,280 acres of land located at the northwest corner of I-25 and Erie Parkway. The Town’s intent is to create a regionally-scaled retail and employment center at Erie’s eastern gateway servicing the Northern Colorado marketplace that is recognized as a true destination where businesses and people flourish. The vision for the development future of the Plan area is one that maximizes the site’s revenue generating potential while employing sound land use and high quality design principles.
The goal of the Master Plan is to address the establishment of a truly unique place; one that will provide for the integration of land uses, multiple modes of transportation, incorporation of unique architectural elements, and the efficient use of both public and private spaces.
- In April 2017, the Town released the I-25 & Erie Parkway Master Plan Request for Qualifications.
- In July of 2017, the Town selected Design Workshop, Inc. as the preferred consultant for this project.
- August of 2017, Town staff met with the Design Workshop team to begin the visioning process and develop a draft scope of work.
- In November of 2017, the Board of Trustees conducted a Study Session as part of the 2018 Budget review process. During that Study Session Town staff introduced the Design Workshop team and conducted a presentation of the Scope of Work. The Board directed staff to move forward with this project and execute a consulting agreement with Design Workshop.
- In December of 2017, the Town approved a contract with Design Workshop for the provision of the I-25 and Erie Parkway Master Plan.
About Design Workshop
Design Workshop is a land planning, landscape architecture, urban design and strategic services firm in business for almost 50 years. Design Workshop has planned numerous mixed-use districts including Riverfront Commons in Denver and Horizon City Center in Aurora. As the lead consultant, Design Workshop will provide project leadership, market feasibility and land planning services. Gensler, an urban design and architectural firm will aid Design Workshop with the development of the Master Plan and architectural character of the district. Joining them is Calibre Engineering who will provide transportation and civil engineering services. MilesBrand will provide the branding of the district as well as communication tools and packages for our story to be heard in a competitive marketplace.