Sustainability at a Glance
As the Town of Erie grows and expands, we will become a leader in sustainability by providing outreach and leadership alongside inclusive and accessible opportunities that support the growth of our economy and engage the community while protecting our natural environment. - Erie’s Sustainability Vision.
2020 Earth Day Poster Contest:
- Poster Contest Flyer - spread the word!
- Poster Contest Rules:
- Deadline April 10, 5:00pm - may drop off at Town Hall Lobby 645 Holbrook Street Erie, CO 80516
- See Complete Poster Contest Rules
2020 Earth WEEK Schedule:
- Earth Day Flyer - spread the word!
- Saturday, April 18: Trash Pickup - Coal Creek Trailhead - 2:00pm
- Sunday, April 19: Gardening & Food Seminar - Erie Community Center - 3:00-5:00pm
- Monday, April 20: Erie Green Businesses Seminar - Erie Community Center - 6:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday, April 21: Sustainable Lawn Care Seminar - Erie Community Center - 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday, April 22: Keynote Speaker, Hunter Lovins Seminar - Erie Community Center - 6:30-8:30pm
Sustainability Master Plan
The community has illustrated their commitment to sustainability through a citizen-led Sustainability Advisory Board, in the election of Board of Trustee leadership that is supportive of sustainability efforts, in feedback provided in recent community-wide surveys, and by their involvement in the development of this five-year Sustainability Master Plan.
Subscribe to Sustainability Updates
To stay in the know for all things sustainability, subscribe to announcements and news via the Sustainability NotifyMe portal.
Sustainability Advisory Board
The Town of Erie Sustainability Advisory Board advises the Board of Trustees with matters that relate to the planning, development, maintenance, and management of sustainability activities throughout Erie. Seven members are appointed by the Board of Trustees in staggered four-year terms and meet monthly.
Board initiatives and accomplishments:
- In September of 2019, the Town of Erie recently leased an electric vehicle to replace an existing traditional gasoline internal combustion engine vehicle that had come to the end of its useful life. This replacement could save Erie tax payers approximately $7,000 over the life of the vehicle. The Town plans more of these vehicle replacements in the future along with the installation of seven EV charging stations for the community’s use. Thanks in part to the the Erie Sustainability Advisory Board for their research and recommendations on EVs and the required infrastructure, your community is becoming more sustainable!
- View the 2017 Erie Sustainability Ad-Hoc Committee Survey results (PDF)
- The Town of Erie Department of Public Works uses solar-powered water circulators in the Town’s reservoirs to improve water quality. Read More...