Most businesses need demographic data to evaluate if their business could be successful in a particular area. It is also an important part of a business plan in order to show possible lenders that there is or will be sufficient customers to support the business.
The Town generates an annual Community Profile (PDF) that identifies general demographics for the Town as a whole. Topics include population, household income, largest employers, and key intersection details.
The Erie Community Library offers a variety of online resources:
- The DemographicsNow online system allows users to identify a particular address or the option of choosing a location on a map to create demographic reports based on a radius or drive-time distance from the location. Visitors may learn not only typical population, income, ethnicity, and household numbers, but consumer spending information as well. This service is available to Highplains Library cardholders.
- ReferenceUSA allows you to learn more about your competition. Learn who is the primary contact; what the annual sales are at each location and what is spent on a variety of products.
The FREE SizeUp online program allows businesses to learn:
- How your business measures up to the competition or if starting a business if your projections are reasonable for your market;
- Find where your customers, competition and suppliers are located; and
- Where you might want to target your advertising dollars to promote your business.
Looking for information about the workforce and wages? The State of Colorado Department of Labor and Employment offers a variety of Labor Statistics as well as Workforce Boulder County and Employment Services of Weld County. Find the latest released numbers on industry wages, employment rates and more.