Schedule an Inspection
- Visit the “Customer Self-Service Portal” on desktop or mobile device
- Login or Register
- On a mobile device, select the menu button (top left-hand corner - 3 stacked horizontal lines)
- Click “Search”
- Search the permit # (do NOT include BPR/BPC) must enter a 4-digit year
- Click on your permit
- Click “Inspections”
- Check the inspections you need under “Action”
- Request inspections
- Select a date
- Add any notes/comments
- A green checkmark means success!
- Inspection cut off time is 4:00 PM the business day prior
- Cancellations must be submitted in the ’Cancel’ tab
- To speak to an inspector for call 303-926-2780, between 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Inspection results are made available by 5:00 p.m
- Inspections may be canceled - check with our office to confirm your inspection
Each Wednesday, from 9-10:30 a.m., staff are on-hand to review residential permit applications for basement remodels, decks, pergolas, fire pits, etc.
Bring supporting documents and building plans to have your permit reviewed while you wait! Contractors must have a current Town of Erie license and certificate of insurance.
Live Video Inspections area available for occupied residential dwellings. View the full policy and procedure.
- Call (303) 926-2780 before 4 p.m. to request a live video inspection for the following business day.
- Provide the active building permit number, property address, type of inspection requested and an email address.
- A live video meeting invitation link will be emailed with confirmation of the scheduled inspection start time.
Opens a New Window. Current Building Codes
Building codes are established to provide minimum standards to safeguard life and limb, health, property, and public welfare by regulating and controlling construction. Effective January 17, 2020, the Town of Erie is currently under the following codes:
- The International Building Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Residential Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Energy Conservation Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Mechanical Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Plumbing Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Swimming Pool and Spa Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Fuel Gas Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Existing Building Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
- The International Fire Code, 2015 Edition Opens in New Window
Building Guide Handouts
Building guide handouts are available in the Building Division at Town Hall and online. If you have any questions, please email
Note: Some projects require a minimum setback from property line whether or not a building permit is required. Please see the Building Division for required subdivision setbacks and property easements. No part of any structure may project into an easement per Section 10-4-2 of the Municipal Code.
Before You Dig
Before digging, call the Utility Notification Center of Colorado at 800-922-1987. It’s fast, free, and it is the law. Call at least three days before you plan to dig. Protect yourself, your family, and your neighborhood.