General Business & Home Occupation Licenses
- Erie Municipal Code requires anyone doing business in the Town to be licensed by the Town.
- General Business Licenses cover Wholesale, Retail, Service and Manufacturing.
- Home Occupations cover any home based wholesale, retail, service, manufacturing, or day care business that employees only family members residing on site.
- All businesses must have Community Development approval and may require a site visit and inspection by Town of Erie building inspectors.
- Business Licenses are issued through the Community Development Department. Please call 303-926-2770 for assistance.
- Contractors Licenses are issued through the Building Department. Please call 303-926-2786 for more information.
Solicitation, Handbills, Special Events or Liquor Licensing
- As a Statutory town, the Town of Erie's sales tax is collected by the State of Colorado. Please contact the Colorado Department of Revenue for more information.
- Denver Office: 303-238-7378.
- Greeley Office: 970-352-1121.
- Colorado Department of Revenue.