Town of Erie 2017 Citizen Survey Results
94% rated Erie as an excellent or good place to raise children!
The 2017 Citizen Survey was administered by the National Research Center (NRC) and mailed to 3,000 randomly selected households within the Town of Erie. 1,100 residents completed and returned surveys resulting in a 37% response rate. The results of the 2017 Town of Erie Community Survey were presented to the Board of Trustees during their July 25, 2017 meeting. This scientific, statistically valid survey was conducted to provide residents an opportunity to rate their satisfaction with the quality of life in the Town, the community’s amenities and satisfaction with local government.
The Survey has a statistically valid margin of error of +/- 3%. With this margin of error, you may conclude that when 60% of survey respondents report that a particular service is “excellent” or “good” somewhere between 57% and 63% of all Erie residents are likely to feel the same way. The Survey results were weighted to reflect the demographics of the Erie community.
New: An opt-in Online Survey was made available on the Town's website allowing all residents to complete and submit a survey. 312 surveys were received. The results of this survey can be found int the Supplemental Online Survey Results report. Note: these results were not weighted to reflect the demographics of the Erie community.
Erie residents continue to enjoy a high quality of life:
- 94% rate Erie as an excellent or good place to raise children - a rating higher than in comparison communities nationwide.
- 94% give excellent or good ratings to their neighborhoods.
- 92% rate the Town as an excellent or good place to live.
- Residents have increased trust in Town government (+10% since 2015).
- Economy ratings are on the rise.
- Ratings for safety in Erie continue to be higher than the national benchmark.
- Several mobility ratings are above national averages.
- Impressions of contact with Town employees remain strong and are on the rise: Courtesy 87% (+13%); Overall Impression 86% (+11%); Treating all Residents Fairly 87% (+ 12%); Responsiveness 86% (+9%) and Knowledge 86% (+12%).
- Residents give high marks to quality of Customer Service 82% (+5%).
2017 Survey Results & Documents:
- Community Livability Report: The Community Livability Report provides the
opinions of a representative sample of 1,100 residents of the Town of Erie.
- Trends Over Time: This report discusses trends over time, comparing the 2017 ratings for the Town of Erie to its previous survey results in 2013 and 2015.
- Dashboard Summary of Findings: This report summarizes Erie’s performance in the eight facets of community livability with the “General” rating as a summary of results from the overarching questions not shown within any of the eight facets.
- Open Ended Responses: This report includes the verbatim responses to an open-ended question included on The NCS 2017 survey for Erie.
- Technical Appendices
- Supplemental Online Survey Results
- Letter to Erie Residents from Mayor Harris - July 25, 2017
- 2017 Citizen Survey Presentation
- Citizen Survey FAQ’s