Summer 2018 Mosquito Control
The Town of Erie has contracted with Vector Disease Control International to provide the Town’s mosquito surveillance and control activities for the 2018 season.
Updated August 14, 2018:
In response to high mosquito activity in some areas within the Town of Erie, contractors plan on conducting limited localized spraying operations in the following locations:
- Arapahoe Ridge
- Canyon Creek/Sunwest
- Erie Village/Kenosha Estates
- Vista Pointe
Vector Disease Control International services will include:
- Routine inspections, larval control, targeting and mapping of larval detected areas, larvicide applications, and catch basins.
- A toll free 24 hour mosquito hotline and a 24 hour response time to all mosquito annoyance complaints.
- Weekly inspection, identification and reporting of mosquito species captured within permanent and additional ‘floater’ trap(s) as needed.
- Monthly reports of services performed, calls received, and actions taken as well as a comprehensive annual report detailing the season’s activities
Vector Disease Control International will provide adult spraying services for Erie throughout the summer. Needs will be based upon a combination of Public Health Department recommendations, residential complaints, mosquito populations and the season’s potential West Nile Virus activity. In advance of any residential spraying applications, the Town will provide public notices and Vector Disease Control International will contact any community residents that have requested they be notified.
The Town of Erie will be updating this webpage every Tuesday afternoon to reflect the sprayings that will be scheduled in Town for Wednesday evenings. The Town of Erie will also post notifications on the Town’s official Facebook page. This updated notification service will allow Vector Disease Control International to have the most accurate trap counts and offer better efficiency in their services.
REQUEST NOTIFICATION OR REPORT MOSQUITO ACTIVITY
Contact Vector Disease Control International to be notified prior to spraying operations in your neighborhood or to report high levels of mosquito activity, standing water or to add any potential breeding sites on private property into the surveillance program.
CONTACT VECTOR DISEASE CONTROL INTERNATIONAL
303-466-1892 or 1-888-774-2161
Fight the Bite Colorado!
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - West Nile Virus
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Everyone Can Help Control Mosquitoes
Mosquito Bite Prevention - Protect Yourself and Your Family from Mosquito Bites
June 2018 Mosquito Report
July 2018 Mosquito Report